Sunday, April 29, 2012

Is it too early for Christmas cards?

I've come across a few blogs that make only Christmas cards. The idea is to have challenges with Christmas themes so that by the time Christmas rolls around you will have all your cards ready. I always think that I will start early enough but  then at the last minute I always find myself in a rush. So this year I think I will try it this way. It always helps me to have a challenge. it gets me to think and get something done. This time I am submitting my card to http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/ Their challenge this time is H for Hardware.
Here's what I came up with:


 I used these star brads for hardware

I have a Tim Holtz pin, a stickpin that I made and the red book plate. So you can see I used allot of hardware on this card.  It was fun to make something out of season. So I guess it really is never too early for Christmas cards. LOL 

14 comments:

  1. Oh it's never to early for sure and as you said by playing along with Christmas challenges its great inspiration and gives us great help being less stressed come November so our Christmas crafting is fun.... Thanks so much for joining is and also entering the dt call, good luck! Hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Michele. Thank you for joining our H for Hardware challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck with the DT call.
    Dorte,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the little details on this awesome card and I don't think it's ever too early to prepare for christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Michele :-)such lovely details and I think its never too early to get started on Christmas cards :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - love the felt border!
    Thanks for playing with us at the ABC Christmas Challenge...hope you'll join in with our new fun challenge!
    Helen x

    PS - thanks also for entering our DT call! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, your card is gorgeous and what a beautiful use of hardware! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now there is creativity to just start thinking Christmas already. I have never seen such a beautiful Christmas Card Michele....can I buy a few?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's NEVER to early for Christmas cards! The earlier you get them done, the better! At least, that's how I feel! :) LOVE this one--all the embellishments are fabulous! :) I hope you'll join us at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown, as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those embossed dots ... pretty hardware too ... so glad you started taking back December one holiday card at a time with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just Gorgeous. Fabulous colours and the cutest of image.......It's never toooo early for Christmas card lol. I started mine the first week after Christmas.
    Chrissyxx
    Will be watching for more!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a lovely holiday card, i especially love those fabulous metal stars and the dotty white embossed background really sets off your lovely santa image to perfection! so pleased you've found us at JINGLE BELLES... it's never too soon to start getting ready... december will be here before we know it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete